These Are 3 of The Best Home Coffee Makers For 2018
Top 3 Best Home Coffee Makers in 2018 - Full Customer Reviews
Home coffee makers have come along way in recent years as more people have demanded a high end brewing experience right in their own home. Instead of simple drip coffee makers or instant coffee we now expect barista level coffee in our kitchen. Coffee makers have recognized the need for higher quality home coffee makers and have poured countless dollars trying to capture this huge market. Some have succeeded in creating a great coffee maker while others are simply just popular. We will help you pick the best home coffee maker for your budget, needs and wants.
How We Chose
First off, let's discuss the factors we used to determine the best home coffee maker. To start we looked at the price and cutoff coffee makers that were simply overpriced or overkill for a home brewer. You simply do not need a commercial level coffee maker and if you want one we offer a variety on our site specifically designed for baristas and coffee shops.
Second, we established a list of needs or factors that home coffee makers needed for the average home brewer. These included temperature control, automation of some sort, durable construction and easy to clean parts. We understand some may leave wanting all the bells and whistles of higher end units we left off our list but when it comes down to it we wanted to pick the machine that made the best cup of coffee.
Automation is not really a factor that would deter us one way or another but for most home coffee brewers they simply want something they can program and take the least amount of time out of their morning routine.
Lastly, we focused on coffee makers that required little effort. Sure french presses or percolators might taste better to some but we focused on actual machines that produced coffee from start to finish with the push of a button.
Here are the Best Home Coffee Maker options:
1. Behmor 5393 Brazen Plus Temperature Control Coffee Maker - $151 - Buy Now
What we like:
- Customizable, temperature control coffee maker
- Temperature control range from 190-210
- Pulsed water flow for full saturation
- Pre-soak function allows the coffee to fully bloom
- High end thermal container
- Not the best at highest altitudes
- Buttons can stick
2. Bonavita BV1901TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer - $149 - Buy Now
What we like:
- One-touch brewing with auto shut off
- Pre-infusion mode saturates coffee fully and evenly for optimal brewing conditions
- Brewing temperature control between 198° to 205°F
- Not a ton of preset controls
- Brew time is longer which leads to colder coffee sometimes
3. BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer - $126 - Buy Now
What we like:
- Super fast operation, brewed over 10 cups in under 3 minutes
- 800-watt heater and internal thermostat
- Elegant design with simple controls
- Minimal temperature control
- Does not work well at altitude
Overall: The Velocity brew is about as close to a single cup brewer as you can get in terms of convenience but still high quality. It provides a quick brewing process while still producing a great cup of coffee.
As you can see home coffee makers have come a long way in a very short period of time. If you are looking for a high end cup of coffee that is simple to make we recommend any of the three listed above.
Any of the choices above will elevate your morning cup of coffee. If you are interested in higher end units or technique specific brewing machines be sure to check out our other buying guides.