Fall is Here
Leaves are falling and changing colors. Time to bundle up and grab a nice, warm drink.
Up next, the dirty chai latte.
Normally a chai latte wouldn't contain coffee. Here at C&P, we're changing things up by adding a shot or two of espresso.
Dirty Chai Latte
- 12oz whole milk - or whatever milk you please - whole is best for steaming
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods
- 5 peppercorns
- Fresh ginger - peeled
- 2 tbs. honey
- Black tea
- Espresso - one or two shots
- Combine the spices by crushing them. A rolling pin works well.
- Add spice mixture and milk to a sauce pan
- Bring to a boil
- Turn off the heat - let sit for 10 minutes
- After 10 min - add black tea - let sit for 5 minutes
- Strain the milk and return to saucepan
- Stir in honey
- Add espresso